Initiatives for Just Communities (IJC), is a charitable, non-profit organization with faith based roots, which operates four community restorative justice programs. These programs strive to provide guidance, support and relationship for people living with FASD or intellectual disabilities as well as those who are currently or have been previously incarcerated. IJC provides opportunities and services to people regardless of background or affiliation.
It is expected of all IJC employees that they will model and uphold the vision and mission of IJC; to respectfully and with integrity, interact and model caring and holistic relationships with colleagues, participants, and within the wider community.
Finance Assistant (updated June 2016)
The focus of this position is the support of the Finance department and will work out of our Steinbach/Mitchell office. The Finance Assistant will work closely with staff in the Finance Department, and will report to the Finance Program Director.
- Coordinate Finance supports within IJC Programs, and specifically within the Resource Generation portfolio
- Generate external reports as required, including, but not limited to PST and GST Returns, Annual Charities Return
- Support Audit preparations and follow up, including journal entries, in-house Financial Reports, reconciliations and year-end adjustments
- Support Budget preparations and compilation
- Provide back-up and supports to all financial activities as requested
- Support the Finance department with other tasks as required
- Must be able to ascribe to and support the mission and vision and values of IJC
- Relevant education in accounting and finance;
- Experience in financial activities, up to and including Trial Balance
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written
- Understanding of and experience with non-profit financial considerations and government reporting requirements
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and/or independently, as the situation requires
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Follow, articulate and enforce IJC policy and procedures at all times.
- To complete a criminal record check as required.
- Part-time – 15 hours per week
- Starting salary range is $14.96 to $17.59 depending on education and experience.
- There will be a 3-month probationary period.
Please submit a resume, with 3 references (2 work, 1 character) to:
Director of Finance
Closing Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017: 4:00 pm