Initiatives for Just Communities (IJC), is a charitable, non-profit organization with faith based roots, which operates four community restorative justice programs. These programs strive to provide guidance, support and relationship for people living with FASD or intellectual disabilities as well as those who are currently or have been previously incarcerated. IJC provides opportunities and services to people regardless of background or affiliation.
It is expected of all IJC employees that they will model and uphold the vision and mission of IJC; to respectfully and with integrity, interact and model caring and holistic relationships with colleagues, participants, and within the wider community.
-Administrative Assistant (Updated August 24, 2017)
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible to complete a range of office administrative tasks including but not limited to, data entry, record keeping and file management. This position will report directly to the Touchstone Program Director and will work closely with the Outreach Program Manager and the Housing Program Coordinator. This position works out of IJC’s Winnipeg office at 302-1200 Portage Ave.
Data Entry & Record Keeping
- Enter program spending month-end data into excel spreadsheet
- Create program spending recording documents and staff allotments monthly
- Collect month-end mileage logs and complete data entry for program vehicles
- Create and distribute monthly mileage recording documents
- Track program vehicle maintenance and check lists
- Track and record program cell phone assignments
- Take and distribute staff meeting minutes
- Assist Program Manager/Coordinator with the creation and maintenance of participant paper & online files
- File incident reports and other participant documents
- Assist Program Director with the creation and maintenance of HR files
- Track HR data such as due dates for training, evaluations and record checks
- Track participant data such as due dates for Individual Program Plans and annual check-ups
- Coordinate mailing lists on behalf of Program Managers and Outreach Workers
- Assist Program Managers with the collection of case-note data in preparation for the creation of monthly participant reports
- Oversee general office and resource centre organization and tidiness
- Assist Program Director and Program Managers with miscellaneous tasks as agreed upon
- Attend professional development opportunities as required by Touchstone and the IJC Service Purchase Agreement
- Set annual personal professional development goals together with the Touchstone Program Director and seek out relevant PD opportunities
- Attend staff meetings as required
- Ability to communicate well, interpersonally and particularly in written format
- Ability to use Microsoft office, including Excel, with efficiency and proficiency
- Ability to be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Ability to work well as part of and on behalf of a team.
- Ability to organize and keep detailed records
- To follow IJC and Touchstone Program policies and procedures at all times.
- To maintain program participant and employee information confidential at all times
- To acquire and maintain knowledge about FASD.
- To support the values and vision of IJC and the Touchstone FASD Program.
- To complete record checks as required by IJC
- To handle IJC finances with integrity and discretion at all times
- Post-Secondary training in office administration, computer programs or other relevant education
- 2 years of related office experience in a non-profit or social services setting
- A permanent part-time position (.2 FTE or 8 hours / week), dependent on government funding
- Starting wage between $13.75 – $14.40 per hour depending on experience and education.
- September 8, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Please submit a resume and cover letter including 3 references to:
Jewel Reimer, Touchstone Program Director
302-1200 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3G 0T5