Initiatives for Just Communities (IJC), is a charitable, non-profit organization with faith based roots, which operates four community restorative justice programs. These programs strive to provide guidance, support and relationship for people living with FASD or intellectual disabilities as well as those who are currently or have been previously incarcerated. IJC provides opportunities and services to people regardless of background or affiliation.
It is expected of all IJC employees that they will model and uphold the vision and mission of IJC; to respectfully and with integrity, interact and model caring and holistic relationships with colleagues, participants, and within the wider community.
Job Description December 22nd, 2017
El’dad Residential Coordinator
El’dad is a multi-faceted program which provides residential support, vocational training and assistance, and support for men and women with intellectual disabilities. With guidance and support the participants learn to make healthy choices for themselves and develop real hope for their future. It is located on a 20-acre parcel of land close to Steinbach, Manitoba and has an Outreach office.
The Residential Program Assists adults with intellectual disabilities within the southeastern area with full time supports. We will help individuals in any area of their lives they need. We support residents to live their life to the fullest.
El’dad Residential Coordinator position reports to the Residential On-Site Program Manager
- Residential support with implementing their plans and reviewing any issues and concerns
- Coordinating and scheduling Direct Support Workers in the home.
- Providing internal training, development and regular feedback to DSWs
- Team meetings for Residents and Main Supports
- Overseeing program spending and rental requisitions
- Communicating with outside supports, including; EIA, rental agencies, schools, employment, doctors and legal
- Crisis coordination with key workers
- Reviewing daily shift reports, providing feedback and addressing concerns with Residential Program Manager
- Reporting incident reports to the Program Manager
- Preparing monthly summaries
- Reviewing and submitting timesheets to Residential Program Manager for payroll
- One on one meetings with DSWs to problem solve; including mediation between residents and or other staff
- Sharing on call duties
- Other duties as required or assigned by EOR manager
- Must be able to ascribe to and support the mission and vision of the programs of IJC
- Must be able to communicate and implement the El’dad vision
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work collaborative and respectfully and provide direction to a diverse team.
- Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and systems representing a wide range of cultures, ideals, values, and belief systems.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Must hold a current driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Ability to assess risk and set safe & appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to handle work related stress.
- Ability to exercise patience and flexibility.
- Maintain program participant and program confidentiality at all times.
- Follow and articulate El’dad policy and procedure at all times.
- Recognize the interaction of one’s own personal values, religion, and culture in the attempt to provide respectful, dignity-enhancing support for program participants.
- Build and maintain a professional therapeutic relationship with program participants.
- Build and maintain a professional supportive relationship with program staff under their supervision.
- To complete a criminal record, adult abuse registry check, vulnerable sector registry check and a driver’s abstract as required.
- Four years or more of post-secondary education in related social services field or the equivalent in work experience.
- Understanding of the issues and challenges associated with intellectual disabilities and FASD.
- Strong desire to work with people who live with intellectual disabilities
- This is a full-time salaried position – 37.5 hours per week, working days Monday to Friday
- 28 hours per week admin
- 5 hours per week direct support
- Starting salary range depending on education and experience.
- Position is eligible for inclusion in pension and benefit program.
- There will be a 3-month probationary period.
Please submit a resume, with 3 references (2 work, 1 character) to:
- Kevin Drain; firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday January 18th, 5pm