Inititiaves for Just Communities (IJC) is a faith based organization which operates four community restorative justice programs. These programs strive to provide guidance, support and relationship for people living with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) or intellectual disabilities as well as those who are currently or have been previously incarcerated. IJC provides opportunities and services to people regardless of background or affiliation.
IJC employees are expected to model and uphold the vision and mission of IJC; to respectfully and with integrity interact and model caring and holistic relationships with colleagues, participants, and within the wider community.
Finance Assistant (updated Jan 2018)
The focus of this position is the support of the Finance department and will work out of our Mitchell office. The Finance Assistant will work closely with staff in the Finance Department, and will report to the Finance Program Director.
- Support with Reports preparation (external and internal)
- Support with Audit preparation
- Support with Budget preparation and compilation
- Coordinate Finance supports within IJC Programs, and follow up, including journal entries, reconciliations and monthly-end adjustments
- Provide supports to all financial activities as requested
- Participate in fundraising activities
- Must be able to ascribe to and support the mission and vision and values of IJC
- Relevant education in accounting and finance;
- Experience in financial activities, up to and including Trial Balance
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written
- Understanding of and experience with non-profit financial considerations and government reporting requirements
- Previous experience in Inventory Management, Billing preparation
- Previous experience with variety of software programs
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and/or independently, as the situation requires
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Follow, articulate and enforce IJC policy and procedures at all times.
- To complete a criminal record check as required.
- Full-time – 75 hours bi-weekly
- Starting salary range is $14.96 to $17.59 depending on education and experience.
- There will be a 6-month probationary period.
Please submit a resume, with references to:
Acting Finance Program Director
Closing Date: January 25, 2018: 4:00 pm