Initiatives for Just Communities (IJC) is a faith-based organization which operates four community restorative justice programs. These programs strive to provide guidance, support and relationship for people living with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) or intellectual disabilities as well as those who are currently or have been previously incarcerated. IJC provides opportunities and services to people regardless of background or affiliation.
IJC employees are expected to model and uphold the vision and mission of IJC; to respectfully and with integrity interact and model caring and holistic relationships with colleagues, participants, and within the wider community.
Title of Position: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Director of Finance
Summary: The Finance Assistant will work as part of a team to provide support in the preparation of reports, budgets, audit, inventory, and various other identified supporting tasks and activities as defined by the Director of Finance.
- Prepare support documents in a requested view
- Monthly – Donations, Vacation & banked time, Program financial result, Payroll allocation reports for CoSA Canada report
- Miscellaneous reports as required
- Support with audit requests including preparation of all relevant materials
- Examine QuickBooks entries by proper accounts, classes, etc.
- Print incorrect entries of internal audit findings
- Review and correct MasterCard expense reports
- Support with the budgeting process (download data from QuickBooks, calculations, fill forms and data in QuickBooks, etc.)
*El’Dad products, Garage Inventory, Firewood, Vehicles
- Preparation a list of inventory with deviations in QuickBooks and physical data (items, quantity, the price per item, etc.)
- Form a list of stock in expenses by the actual venues
- Filling paperwork for Vehicles
- Monthly bills for Programs El’Dad Ranch and Open Circle
- QuickBooks entries – Bank reconciliation for saving accounts, Allocations, Master Card entries, received donations via Canada Helps,
- Filling, copying, scanning, printing, downloading data, email distribution, etc.
- Provide general support to the Finance Director and Finance and Accounting Department as a member of the team
- To be able to replace in Accounts Payable and Payroll (as required)
- Participate in fundraising activities
- Relevant education in accounting and finance;
- Must be able to ascribe to and support the mission and vision and values of IJC;
- Experience in Full Accounting Cycle, Budgeting, Analysis, and Audit;
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks, MS Office;
- Understanding of and experience with non-profit financial considerations and government reporting requirements
- Previous experience in Inventory Management, Billing preparation
- Previous experience with a variety of software programs
- Experience in Payroll, Full Accounting Cycle, Budgeting, Analysis, and Audit;
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Follow, articulate and enforce IJC policy and procedures at all times.
- To complete a criminal record check as required.
This is a permanent full-time position with a starting wage between $15.48-$16.58/ hour depending on experience and qualifications.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Ina Himro at email@example.com