Initiatives for Just Communities (IJC) is a faith based organization which operates four community restorative justice programs. These programs strive to provide guidance, support and relationship for people living with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) or intellectual disabilities as well as those who are currently or have been previously incarcerated. IJC provides opportunities and services to people regardless of background or affiliation.
IJC employees are expected to model and uphold the vision and mission of IJC; to respectfully and with integrity interact and model caring and holistic relationships with colleagues, participants, and within the wider community.
Title of position
• Support Workers, work alongside participants at El’dad Ranch and report to their Program Managers
1. Ensure the health and safety of program participants
2. Build a positive relationship with program participants
3. Work with participants in developing their life skills and personal goals
4. Model and encourage compliance with all El’dad policies and operating procedures.
5. Immediately report any incidents or safety concerns
• Complete all required written documentation with accuracy, objectivity and in a timely fashion
• Read the communication book and logs
o To be aware of participants needs and case direction
• Plan and implement activities with participants
• Carrying program cell phone while on shift
• Cleaning El’dad property, including; buildings, vehicles and yard
• Other reasonable duties as assigned by supervisor
• Must be able to ascribe to and support the mission and vision of the programs of IJC
• Must be able to communicate and implement the El’dad focus statement
• Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
• Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work collaborative and respectfully with colleagues.
• Ability to work collaboratively with individuals and systems representing a wide range of cultures, ideals, values, and belief.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Must hold a current driver’s license and provide driver’s abstract
• Ability to assess risk and set safe & appropriate boundaries.
• Ability to handle work related stress.
• Ability to exercise patience and flexibility.
• First Aid /CPR is a requirement
• Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training is strongly encouraged
• Shift routines should be kept unless exceptional circumstances warrant deviation
• Able to drive with participants in the vehicle
• Maintain confidentiality with participant and program information
• Adhere to El’dad policy and procedure
• Work and communicate effectively in a team setting
• Recognize the interaction of one’s own personal values, religion, and culture in the attempt to provide respectful, dignity-enhancing support for program participants.
• Build and maintain a professional therapeutic relationship with program participants.
• Complete a criminal record, adult abuse registry check, vulnerable sector registry check and a driver’s abstract is required.
1. Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written.
2. Critical thinking and creative problem-solving abilities.
3. Ability to be self-motivated.
4. Ability to make independent decisions within general framework of program policies
5. Ability to set safe and appropriate boundaries.
6. Ability to handle job stress.
7. Ability to work alongside imperfect systems within an imperfect society.
8. Ability to exercise patience and flexibility.
1. Experience working in Social Services field.
2. Education in Social Services or another relevant field
3. Knowledge and understanding of the issues and challenges associated individuals with intellectual challenges and addictions
4. Able to de-escalate negative emotions
1. This position is dependent on government funding.
2. Starting hourly wage is between $13.75 to $14.62
3. This position is eligible for the IJC group benefit package if the employee works consistently more than 28 hours per week.
4. There will be a 3-month probationary period based on accumulated FTE
Please submit a resume and cover letter:
Kevin Drain at firstname.lastname@example.org