Touchstone Employment Opportunity: Visions and Voices Coordinator
Initiatives for Just Communities (IJC) is a non-profit, charitable organization that operates four community justice programs: Touchstone, Open Circle, CoSA, and El’dad Ranch. These programs provide support for people with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), intellectual disabilities as well as those who are currently, or have been previously, incarcerated. IJC is committed to restorative justice practices, which honour community and foster a sense of belonging.
At Touchstone, we support youth and adults with FASD by assisting them in their day-to-day situations and by providing advocacy wherever and whenever appropriate, nurturing opportunities for growth, belonging and success. Visions and Voices, a program of Touchstone funded by Healthy Child Manitoba, is a speaker’s bureau compromised of adults with FASD who share their personal stories to a wide variety of audiences. We have seen that story telling is a powerful tool that increases awareness about FASD in communities and promotes dignity for families and individuals impacted by FASD. Visions and Voices has been invited to present all over Manitoba to teachers, students, families, caregivers, social workers, police officers, and many others.
The Touchstone program is seeking a Visions and Voices Coordinator. At Touchstone, we value people who are open to working within an anti-oppressive framework and who understand theories of harm reduction and trauma informed practice. The Visions and Voices Coordinator will also work within the provincial FASD community and as such, we are seeking an individual who enjoys networking, contributing, and working within public settings.
This is a permanent half-time position with a starting wage between $16.87 – $18.67 / hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, trauma-informed practice and harm reduction
- Excellent interpersonal communication, public-speaking and networking skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Several years of education or work / life experience in a related or relevant field
Expectations and Position Duties:
- Build and maintain relationships with Visions and Voices presenters and community networks and partners
- Train and provide ongoing support for Visions and Voices presenters
- Coordinate speaking engagement calendar
- Facilitate all Visions and Voices presentations
- Oversee Visions and Voices budget and report to funders
- Promote Visions and Voices to potential audiences
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Jewel Reimer, before 5:00 p.m. on December 13, 2019
Phone: (204) 227-0340